In the performance of its tasks, the European Central Bank (ECB) processes personal data in line with the applicable EU data protection law, namely Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
You can find out how the ECB processes your personal data by reading our online privacy statements, which explain:
- who controls and processes the data;
- why the personal data are processed and on what legal basis;
- what categories of personal data are collected;
- how long the personal data are stored;
- who the recipients of the personal data are;
- how you can exercise your data protection rights;
- how to contact the ECB’s Data Protection Officer should you have questions about data protection;
- how to contact the European Data Protection Supervisor should you need to make a complaint because you think that your rights under Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 have been infringed as a result of the processing.
List of privacy statements
We may amend the privacy statements to take into account new legal developments. The privacy statements in the list above contain up-to-date information on the ECB’s processing operations.
If you have any questions concerning data protection, you can contact the ECB Data Protection Officer by email at DPO@ecb.europa.eu.